Sunday, April 20, 2008

Funbrain Swarm The Game




Why Tango word to many people and especially teenagers it is reminiscent of "old stuff" foreign thing "?

Why else would say "listen to tango" and you have less than 50 years as people look at you strangely if you said something wrong?

Actually I do not know what answer to give to these questions. I know the Tango for many is something old, something of the past. And think of anything more terrible, outsiders appreciate and know more about "our" 2x4 ourselves. Or how many know who these payments was Leopoldo Federico, Astor Piazzolla, Julio Sosa, Enrique Santos Discepolo, Homero Manzi? Do not think I'm a crafty old defends and boasts a golden past. Nothing to do, I'm a kid of 22 who intends to hold on to some of the culture of their land, a few letters that tell the history of his country, describing their people, their sorrows and glories. I'm not nationalistic or anything, I never understood what that means. For me, the Tango has nothing to do with Argentina in the abstract, the Tango is, was and will be a piece of Argentina and its people, a popular rhythm, a way of saying and singing. I hate the Tango as "chic" as something dead and museum. I love a live Tango based on their rhythms, joys and sorrows of this, a tango to read and report and record the story in his lyrics. But first I would like especially my generation start to hear Tango or at least you know what it is and not only reduce "Gardel Abasto, and a few more platitudes.

From this article I will begin to tell the story of Tango, to claim certain characters, to show some works of art, giving life to something that seems dead and basically make them see that the tango is embedded in us although we do not mind, how or where they believe the words came chabón, Bagay, whispering? ... The language and symbolism Tango is our language and symbols (or who does not have mate with cookies, or tell "old" mother)

closing I leave to go a definition of Tango (which rescues Horacio Salas in his book "The Tango ") by Discepolo (someone already going to talk and a lot ...):" It's a sad thought that is danced "


ah, I almost forgot, if you will leave a comment, as this is a blog there is a possibility of return ...


DAM

0 comments:

Post a Comment